Everyone preaches the gospel that truly lives in their hearts. When the Holy Spirit moves in, you begin the life-long journey of becoming more like Jesus every day. Living in the Light means concentrating on what is good, admirable, loving, and Christlike. Only darkness dwells primarily on descriptions of sin. These 15 Christlike characteristics offer positive examples of how you become more like Jesus Christ.
Accentuate the Positive
The condition of your spirit and heart dictates how and what you communicate, whether it’s with actions or words. Holidays can be stressful and test the patience of even the most mature saint. Encourage yourself and others with this list of positives.
If your heart sings in the key of grace, your words and actions are filled with kindness, mercy, benevolence, and forgiveness. When it comes to preaching anything, the loudest testimony is behavior, not vocabulary or passionate debate.
Hearts wrapped in the guidance and grace of the Holy Spirit preach Jesus.
15 Christlike Characteristics
- I do not have a greedy desire for the approval of others.
- I do not know of any broken relationships in my life that I have ignored.
- If married, I develop and maintain an atmosphere of encouragement and acceptance through continual affirmation.
- I am not influenced by praise nor crushed by criticism.
- My life decorates the gospel and does not detract from it.
- I never express meanness in the form of physical, verbal, emotional, or spiritual abuse.
- I do not engage in gossip or defame another person’s character.
- People are relaxed in my presence.
- I never retaliate when wronged.
- My home is an expression of God’s love and peace.
- I understand that each family member has their own will to choose my values or not.
- I do not avoid family problems but lovingly and gently address all family concerns.
- I practice an honest goodness rather than a pretentious self-righteousness.
- I do not have to continually validate or justify myself in the eyes of others.
- Because I know God’s love, I express that love to others.
Delight in the Christmas Gift
The gift of Christmas is the possibility of peace between sinful men and a holy God. Jesus is the Gift, the Promise, and the example for all who will be saved.
When you distill relationship with Jesus Christ to its essence, the only thing that remains is obedience. But, obedience to what?
“If you love Me, keep My commandments.”John 14:15
We are called to be more like Christ in 1 John 2:6, Ephesians 5:1-2, and many other scriptures. Obedience requires it, but how do we know what to obey?
God’s Word provides the answer. This list of 15 Christlike Characteristics is part of a much longer list included in The Hidden Truth.
Begin practicing this minute. You’ll enjoy everything about Christmas so much more – and God will be glorified!
Related post, especially for those far away from family: Christmas – The Gift